A Life Worth Living: Practices and Principles for a Sweet and Balanced Life
With Dr. Dae
Do you feel that something is missing from your life? You may have created outward success: a good job, a stable income, a home and family, but feel that somewhere along the way you have lost some of the simple joys you once knew.
So many of us struggle with life, working hard and being responsible, but aware of an emptiness, yearning for some hard-to-define sweetness in our lives. This course is designed to help you rediscover life’s richness, to bring wholeness to your body and heart, and help you fully live—perhaps for the first time—your one sweet life.
What is A Life Worth Living?
This 6-week lifestyle makeover course will teach you step-by-step daily actions to become more present, do more of the things you enjoy, and spend quality time with your loved ones. This fun course will give you the tools you need to make lasting changes in your life.
A webinar-based format provides a community where you can share experiences, ask questions and be guided under the direction of Dr. Daemon Jones, naturopathic doctor and lifestyle coach.
Your life will begin to change during the course. The knowledge and practices you walk away with will continue to support you for years to come.
Life is a series of repetitive actions; some call these habits. What gets lost as your run from one task to the next is what Dr. Dae calls Your One Sweet Life. Dr. Dae is here to remind you that life is too short to spend your days like a zombie. You are designed and destined to create a life worth living; one full of things like great food, great friends, enjoyment in nature and fun with your cherished ones. Your sweet life is waiting for you around every corner. All it takes is for you to realize you deserve to enjoy each and every moment. With the support of a community and a dedicated teacher who will help you adopt new habits to create joy and pleasure everyday, you will be able to change unhealthy and stress-inducing habits into life-affirming, productive and sweet moments.
This course is for you if...
- You are busy, rushing from one activity to the next with external pressures hanging over your head from work, your family and society
- You have stopped doing the things you once loved to do
- You want more health for your family and loved ones
- You know that there is more to life than work, errands, chores and extracurricular responsibilities
- You want better health, more joy, more sex and to be a happier person, naturally
- You want to maintain your health and beauty at every age
- You know that simple recipes and activities can have a profound impact on your quality of life
Does time feel like a luxury? Do lazy Sundays and daily simple pleasures feel like a memory from the past? When is the last time you decided to wander aimlessly in nature? Are you putting your health off, hoping everything will be ok when you have your next doctor’s visit?
Our everyday commitments and stressors tend to crowd out our happiest, most peaceful moments. Life becomes a running checklist of to dos and responsibilities. Sometimes you run on autopilot for such a long time you forget what makes you happy, how you feel each day when you wake up and you no longer notice the things around you. Coffee is just something you sip to keep going; the cold winter air on your skin is more of a nuisance than a refreshing experience; you hardly notice the new foliage growing outside your front door. Existence is drab and most of the time you are thinking about the past with regret, or the future with worry. This is not how life is meant to be. Life is a sensual, rewarding experience filled with infinite moments to experience joy and gratitude.
Your One Sweet Life is when your family laughs around the dinner table over a great meal. When you take a bubble bath with nothing to do but relax and read your favorite author. When you take a trip with your girlfriends to wine country. It’s when you become present to life’s simple pleasures, feel healthy and in your own skin, and share time with your loved ones and your most trusted confidants.
All it takes to change your entire life for the better are a few simple practices that you can add to your daily routine.
This course will help you:
- Set and achieve measurable goals in a community that will hold you accountable. SMART goals are designed to help you succeed. You will have further support to make changes in your life from your teacher and cohort.
- Create balance in your life and learn the tools to keep it that way. The course goes over 9 areas, including things like family, finances and food to make sure you create a well-rounded life.
- Learn to eat supportive foods that will increase your vitality. Whole food nutrition is a simple way to support increased energy. Dr. Dae will teach you about how to incorporate basic whole foods into your diet.
- Maintain healthy routines so you get better sleep. Sleep and stress go hand in hand. Learn the principles of sleep hygiene to make sure you get a full night’s rest.
- Increase your sense of well being with daily movement and stretching. You don’t need to go to the gym to get in some daily movement. Dr. Dae will teach you creative ways—both indoor and out—to get your body moving!
- Become more present with simple mindfulness and gratitude practices. A present mind is a happy mind. Learn to become more attuned to your environment in order to find more joy.
- Have better relationships. Whether cooking for your loved ones, sharing a favorite song or offering up a kind gesture to let someone know you care, our immediate relations have a huge impact on our overall well being. Dr. Dae will help you make sure you are sharing your sweet life with the ones you love.
You will walk away with:
- Mini practices that don’t take more than 15-minutes a day but hugely impact your quality of life
- Bonus handouts, recorded meditations, and ongoing journaling practices to support your new lifestyle
- The foundational knowledge to bring you better sleep
- Healthy routines and habits to help you become present and find joy in the moment—no matter where you are
- Recipes, movement practices and rituals to boost your energy and vitality
- Tips and tricks to build connection and fun with others
1. Creating A Life Worth Living
Creating a life worth living starts with identifying what is most important to you in your life. It also starts with remembering how you have fun. Once you have clearly set your priorities and you identify what makes you smile you will have the foundation for a sweet life. In week 1, you will learn to set fun goals and priorities.
2. Food for Energy and Vitality
Food is a powerful force for energy and vitality. What we put in our mouths has the power to enliven us or weaken us. Once you understand simple basics of how to use food as you secret weapon against fatigue and exhaustion. You will become a superhero because of the superfoods you eat. In week 2, Dr. Dae will help you track and identify new foods to eat.
3. Building Healthy Routines
Did you know that your body loves routines? Olympians get gold medals and are peak performances physically and mentally because they practice healthy routines every day! When you implement healthy routines, your life gets simpler and you create more space to do more things you love, instead of just the things you have to do. In week 3, we will look at your everyday routines, including sleep habits.
4. Relationship Building
How are your relationship with others? How is your relationship with yourself? We engage in relationships with all types of people loved ones, friends, co-workers, bosses and team member, just to name a few. What are the most effective ways to create good relationships with them? We will look at tools to help us do that.
5. Moving Your Life Forward
We are here to find ways to move forward, mentally, emotionally and physically. When we are creative we come up with passionate ideas that make us happy and move us forward. When we move our bodies we create vitality and energy to help us create and maintain health in our bodies. Dr. Dae will share some of her favorite movement activities and help you come up with your own.
6. A Day in the Life: Gratitude and MindfulnessMindfulness is gaining incredible recognition in our society today—do you know why? Because it has been shown to improve our resistance to disease, reverse illness, improve our outlook and mood. It changes us mentally and physically to be better, stronger people.
- Personalized goal setting with Dr. Dae
- Feedback on food diary to feel better quickly
- Dr. Dae’s recommendations for healthy sleep routines
- Dr. Dae’s audio on detox relationships
- Dr. Dae’s top fun ideas for movement
- Access to Dr. Dae’s 21, 5-minute meditation recordings
“I’m Dr. Daemon Jones, but my friends and patients call me ‘Dr. Dae.’ I’m a doctor who helps her patients create a sustainable lifestyle transition and the author of Eat More Plants.
I’ll tell you what no one else will…
Your risk for disease and a shorter life has more to do with your lifestyle than genetics.
If you feel like you don’t have the time, energy or motivation to take care of yourself, I know exactly what you are going through.
After I graduated from Northwestern University, I joined one of the top 5 consulting firms in the country. It felt as if I never stopped working. After driving 1.5 hours every day and juggling multiplying responsibilities…I caved. Mental and physical exhaustion wiped me out, and I ended up eating fast food every day. My health became my last priority.
Eventually, I had enough. Fed up with living unhappily and eating life-shortening food, I sought the help of a naturopathic doctor. She reversed my dangerous path and helped me transition to a more balanced life. Only when I placed my focus on my mental, emotional, spiritual, and physical well-being did I break free from the trap of stress and poor nutrition.
I had to share this information with as many people as I could, so I decided to become a naturopathic doctor myself. After attending University of Bridgeport’s College of Naturopathic Medicine, I embarked on a mission to help people like me…
- People who are stressed out.
- People who toggle between competing commitments.
- People who sacrifice their health.
You don’t have to do that anymore.
I’m here to show you how you can have sweetness in your life again—without sacrificing your commitments. In fact, my clients report doing better with commitments like work and family once they spend some time nourishing their own body and mind. I’ve designed this course to show you how simple practices will bring you more joy and sweetness in your life, daily.
Dr. Dae is a DC-based naturopathic doctor with nearly two decades in the field. Her unique medical background provides a solid foundation for her holistic lifestyle recommendations—which range from teaching meditation, proper nutrition, disease prevention and tools for creating balance. Her work is results-based and impactful. Dr. Dae built this program based on her experience overcoming burnout in a corporate work environment.
What people have to say about Dr. Dae...
“She takes my health goals and crafts a roadmap.”
“Dr. Dae has been very helpful in crafting a personalized *plan that enabled me to reach my specific health goals.*
"She not only shows you what to do, but why it is important, and how it impacts your health. Any questions that I had she was able to answer them. I would highly recommend using Dr. Dae's services."
Dr. Daemon Jones